“Outdoor activities are a must for keeping the child inside you alive,” says Thomas N Salzano a famous backpacker and blogger. Thomas N Salzano while on a road trip to the mountains found a group of students who were out for camping but faced trouble arranging for food.
Thomas Salzano after interacting with the students thought of sharing few tips related to cooking while camping with us.
Here are the tips that might help :
- Carry the right supplies: camping supplies include matches, lighter fluid, pot, aluminum foil and a portable grate that can be placed over a fire pit.
- The 3 ways to cook: the first method is to heat the food directly. Second, is the old boy scouts trick i.e. hot coals( cover the food in aluminum foil and heat). The third way is to grill the food as you do it in your backyard.
- Other tips for cooking while camping is:
- Apply oil on the camp grill to avoid food to stick.
- Prefer block ice than cubed ice as they last longer.
- For cooking a hamburger put a hole in the middle of the burger while grilling.
- To keep your food safe from wild animals, hang the food above the ground level.
- Keep your food in zip-tight bags, carry pita bread as they last longer, carry more of instant food, cans of other juices keep other food in bag cold and lastly, keep boiling water to drinking and cleaning activities.
Thomas Salzano suggests that these are some important tips to remember. Cooking nowadays is easy as we get instant food items from the market so while camping such items should be preferred more is what Thomas Salzano suggest to all.